GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   A Few Hydroponics Questions... (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/147386-few-hydroponics-questions.html)

Blalack77 05-07-2006 07:46 AM

A Few Hydroponics Questions...

I read in a book to transplant seedlings when the first two leaves
sprout. I was wondering, if I transplant the seedling then, will its
roots even be long enough to touch the nutrient solution? Another
thing, whats something good to use for a wire mesh for this kind of
project? One last thing, is miracle grow considered a nutrient
solution, if not whats a good one? These are the last unanswered
questions I have about hydroponics, so if someone could answer these,
it would be a big help.

John Hines 05-07-2006 05:18 PM

"Blalack77" wrote:

One last thing, is miracle grow considered a nutrient
solution, if not whats a good one?

General Hydroponics makes a three part mix that is the standard for the
medium.

It has a bottle of general and trace nutes, and then a bottle each of
vegative and flowering nutes. You mix and match as you need to, but
1:1:1 is for all purposes.

--
Silly sig to prevent isp ad

Blalack77 05-07-2006 07:06 PM

A Few Hydroponics Questions...

Can I use Miracle Grow as a nutrient solution?

John Hines 05-07-2006 10:17 PM

"Blalack77" wrote:

Can I use Miracle Grow as a nutrient solution?

Never used it on anything but dirt plants. It seems to high in N by
ratio, and you would need to be careful of grit or un-dissolved stuff
that would plug up the drippers.

--
Silly sig to prevent isp ad