GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Everest Azalea (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/147438-everest-azalea.html)

Gravelle 06-07-2006 01:37 PM

Everest Azalea

Hi,

When is the best time of year to prune my Everest Azalea? I live in Zone 5.

Thanks.

Carol

Stephen Henning 22-07-2006 01:44 PM

Everest Azalea

"Gravelle" wrote:

When is the best time of year to prune my Everest Azalea? I live in Zone 5.

As with most spring bloomers, rhododendrons and azaleas start to form
the next years flower buds in mid summer and by fall the buds are fairly
well developed. Pruning after mid summer removes the next years flower
buds.
--
Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to
Cheers, Steve Henning in Reading, PA USA Zone 6