GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   ID needed (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/147576-id-needed.html)

Ben 10-07-2006 11:09 PM

ID needed

Could someone identify this climber with lovely flowers ? It just
showed up in our yard ! Thanks !
B.T.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...u_2006/SP3.jpg

Harald Blackthumb 11-07-2006 04:26 AM

ID needed

Definitely pea family. I'll go so far as to say genus iLathyrus/i,
but I'm sure my betters will correct me.

Kay Lancaster 11-07-2006 10:42 AM

ID needed

On 10 Jul 2006 15:09:37 -0700, Ben wrote:
Could someone identify this climber with lovely flowers ? It just
showed up in our yard ! Thanks !
B.T.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...u_2006/SP3.jpg

Need more pictures to take a decent guess at it, but check out
both "sweet pea" and "hyacinth bean" in the images files at
google. Quite a variation in flower color for both species.

cerwin 12-07-2006 04:42 AM

ID needed

Yea Looks like sweet pea and if it just showed up in your yard that is
most like ly what it is .

http://s14.invisionfree.com/TGTA/index.php

Ben 12-07-2006 03:29 PM

ID needed

Ben wrote:
Could someone identify this climber with lovely flowers ? It just
showed up in our yard ! Thanks !
B.T.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...u_2006/SP3.jpg

Thanks everybody ! It's a Sweet Pea all right ! Knowing the name has
helped me to positively ID this lovely, but invasive, plant through
some plant data bases ! Thanks !
B.T.