Old 13-04-2003, 12:08 PM
KarenWorthin

Default dig up dwarf pinus?

Because of the cold, cold winter one dwarf ornamental pinus? (I think that is
what it is) has brown needles. They were covered and the one on the other side
is OK. The burned evergreen will drop the needles? It won't look good.
Should we dig it up and re-plant elsewhere until it evens out? Could we turn
it so that the bare spot doesn't show, or could we leave it and hope that it
will fill in?

Thanks for responses in advance. I see badly burned everngreens everywhere in
our northern New England area.

Karen
Old 14-04-2003, 01:56 PM
Iris Cohen

Because of the cold, cold winter one dwarf ornamental pinus? (I think that
is what it is) has brown needles. They were covered and the one on the other
side is OK.

If you try to move it now you may kill it. Let it alone. If it is alive, it
should recover. Wait and see what happens.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)