Old 15-07-2006, 06:07 PM posted to rec.gardens
scottishbelle

Default Black Spot on Knockout roses

After 3 months of fabulous flowering and growth the dreaded BS is attacking
my KO's big time. I seem to be the only person on the whole web that has
this problem with these new marvels. I wonder if anyone else has had this
and do the plants die off or do they come back. I have even started spraying
but of course it is too late now. HELP.

Old 16-07-2006, 12:34 AM posted to rec.gardens
Bill R

scottishbelle wrote:
After 3 months of fabulous flowering and growth the dreaded BS is attacking
my KO's big time. I seem to be the only person on the whole web that has
this problem with these new marvels. I wonder if anyone else has had this
and do the plants die off or do they come back. I have even started spraying
but of course it is too late now. HELP.

Spraying now will help but what you should also do is cut off the
foliage that has black spot (and do NOT put it in your compose pile if
you have one). The new foliage will not (I should say "should not")
have black spot.

Black spot is a fungal disease and one way to help prevent it is by not
getting water on the leaves of the rose bush in the evening (they need
to be able to dry off).
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

Gardening for over 40 years

Digital Camera - Pentax *ist DL

Old 18-07-2006, 02:18 AM posted to rec.gardens
fran

Not blck spot, but definately Japanese beetles! They have just bout
stripped the Pink KO rose completely, but don't seem to like the red
KO as much. Sigh. Thank God they're almost done for the year.

On Sat, 15 Jul 2006 13:07:02 -0400, "scottishbelle"
wrote:

After 3 months of fabulous flowering and growth the dreaded BS is attacking
my KO's big time. I seem to be the only person on the whole web that has
this problem with these new marvels. I wonder if anyone else has had this
and do the plants die off or do they come back. I have even started spraying
but of course it is too late now. HELP.

[IMG] code is On

Assistanc in locating Knockout Roses drjmbj Roses 0 12-07-2012 09:00 PM
are there any white knockout roses yet? ncstockguy Gardening 5 17-01-2006 11:41 PM
Knockout Roses SteveR Roses 6 16-11-2004 02:39 AM
roses - black spot on leaves..white spots on roses? DigitalVinyl Gardening 3 25-06-2003 06:08 PM