GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Aspen Seedlings (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/147769-aspen-seedlings.html)

Bob 16-07-2006 09:35 PM

Aspen Seedlings

I have an Aspen in my back yard. Seedlings grow each year in my thick
grass and I can't seem to get rid of them. When I cut them or try to
pull them out, I leave part of the root and they keep comming back.
How the heck does one kill the root?

Brian 16-07-2006 10:08 PM

Aspen Seedlings

"Bob" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have an Aspen in my back yard. Seedlings grow each year in my thick
grass and I can't seem to get rid of them. When I cut them or try to
pull them out, I leave part of the root and they keep comming back.
How the heck does one kill the root?

~~~~~~~
These are probably not seedlings. They will be suckers from the tree's
roots. Any attempt to poison them runs the risk of killing the whole tree.
Take care.
Best Wishes Brian.