GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   So I Saw An Eye-Talian Honeybee (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/147887-re-so-i-saw-eye-talian-honeybee.html)

Jack W 20-07-2006 11:37 AM

So I Saw An Eye-Talian Honeybee

Jack W wrote:
singing "O Sole Mio." First one I've seen in years. But there was a
time when .... if you had clover on your property, you didn't dare
walk barefooted.

madgardener wrote:
I hope that means in your area that the Asian mite and Asian fungal
diseases that has devastated the populations of our beloved Italian
honey bees is coming back....I hope so. I have planted more things that
attract bees than I realized. I desperately want them to survive HERE!
(I have all kinds of pollinators, but the Italians are responsible for
our FOOD!)
madgardener up on the ridge, back in Fairy Holler, overlooking English
Mountain in Eastern Tennessee, zone 7, Sunset zone 36 where there are
still a few people close by who have hives.

Didn't realize that Asians had anything to do with the goombahs'
demise. I always thought the DDT was the culprit from which the
goombah bees never recovered..

Learned something new today.