GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Need Morning Glory HELP! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/147927-re-need-morning-glory-help.html)

Tracey 21-07-2006 07:53 PM

Need Morning Glory HELP!

wrote:
My morning glories are just not doing well. Leaves look good. There
are loads of buds but they just don't mature. I've had only two
blossoms in the past month.

I feed it high phosphorous food every two weeks. It gets morning and
early afternoon sun.

I have them in a very large pot and the vines are twined around a
railing. The railing is metal and gets quite hot in the sun. The
thing is I've grown them here before and that never seemed to be a
problem so I guess I don't think that's the problem.

What can I do to get the buds to mature?

Thanks

It's been a while since I've had morning glories (living in Hawaii,
there are so many tropical plants that I can grow in the ground
that the mainland annuals have fallen by the wayside for me), but,
IIRC, 'benign neglect' was the best thing for my morning glories.
They were planted in pretty poor soil, got fertilized once early
in the season to promote foliage growth then just watered and they
bloomed quite well for me.

What happens to the buds after they have budded? Do they end up
dropping off or just sit there?

Tracey