GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Canadian Tomatoes ... Huh? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/148079-re-canadian-tomatoes-huh.html)

One Man Rodeo 25-07-2006 11:48 PM

Canadian Tomatoes ... Huh?

"Pat" wrote in message
oups.com...

wrote:
In misc.rural Pat wrote:
: Oh come on. We no longer lead the world in education. We can't win in
: international sports -- even basketball. We are no longer the leader
: in making cars. And now, we are even losing eating competitions to the
: Japanese. If we can't even win at eating, what can we win at?

Electing morons?

The Italians have been electing morons far more frequently then the USA....

Elmo 26-07-2006 01:33 PM

Canadian Tomatoes ... Huh?

One Man Rodeo wrote:
"Pat" wrote in message
oups.com...

wrote:

In misc.rural Pat wrote:
: Oh come on. We no longer lead the world in education. We can't win in
: international sports -- even basketball. We are no longer the leader
: in making cars. And now, we are even losing eating competitions to the
: Japanese. If we can't even win at eating, what can we win at?

Electing morons?

The Italians have been electing morons far more frequently then the USA....

They have the advantage of being able to have elections whenever it suits
their fancy whereas the USA is forced to follow a more restrictive schedule.
Given equal footing and extrapolating from recent trends, the USA would
surge to the forefront.

--
"Dialogue is impossible without some shared sense of reality...
What's lacking isn't just truth, it's the entire social

Persephone 29-07-2006 03:15 AM

Canadian Tomatoes ... Huh?

On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 22:48:09 GMT, "One Man Rodeo"
wrote:

"Pat" wrote in message
roups.com...

wrote:
In misc.rural Pat wrote:
: Oh come on. We no longer lead the world in education. We can't win in
: international sports -- even basketball. We are no longer the leader
: in making cars. And now, we are even losing eating competitions to the
: Japanese. If we can't even win at eating, what can we win at?

Electing morons?

The Italians have been electing morons far more frequently then the USA....

Do you have backup for those stats?

I cannot believe any Western "democracy" could possibly elect more
morons than the current Executive (which wasn't elected, period, in
2000 or 2004), and that big Washington whorehouse, the Congress of the
U.S of A.

Besides, the Italian morons are certainly more charming!

Persephone