GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Chinese (lacebark) Elm question (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/148162-re-chinese-lacebark-elm-question.html)

Jim Marrs 28-07-2006 04:14 AM

Chinese (lacebark) Elm question

"Jim Marrs" wrote in message news:...

you may have Chinese elm disease. I'm afraid you are about too lose your
trees. There is no know treatment especially after the tree is infected.
The disease usually takes 2 - 3 years to kill the tree. Next year the
tree will only have maybe 30 % of normal leaves the next.. maybe none. I
have seen thousands of elms killed by this disease. see this site.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_elm_disease

JEM

"Carl 1 Lucky Texan" wrote in message
. com...
My Elm has a few yellowed leaves with dark areas located on most of the
longer new-ish growth about halfway from the trunk to the tip. That is,
say 40% of the distance out from the trunk is green and fine as is 40%
in from the tip, but in the middel area, the leaves will fall when
handled and are yellow. Of course, it has been very hot just this last
week or 2 but most of the tree seems to be really in fine condition. The
yellow leaves are a small fraction of the total greenery - just an odd
thing. No insects that I can see so I suspect environmental.

any thoughts?

Carl

--
to reply, change ( .not) to ( .net)