GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Torenia reseeding (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/148218-torenia-reseeding.html)

Michael[_1_] 30-07-2006 02:46 PM

Torenia reseeding

I planted some torenia (happy faces) last year and just realized that the
hundreds of little plants I've been pulling this summer are probably
it.....from it's reseeding.

Just to confirm......does this stuff reseed itself like crazy or what?

I should have just let them grow because it's a nice plant...I've never seen
anything ressed like this. ?

Jenny 30-07-2006 07:52 PM

Torenia reseeding

Michael wrote:......does this stuff reseed itself like crazy or what?

I should have just let them grow because it's a nice plant...I've never seen
anything ressed like this. ?

They self-seeded like crazy after the first year I had them in my garden
and in a planter. This year, I have yet to see one.

OTOH, this year I have a huge patch of volunteer ageratum, both blue
and pink, as well as red salvia. I have planted ageratum for years and
never seen anything like this. But all my annual dianthus overwintered
too, so I suspect it is because the winter was unusually warm.

Under our bird feeder, the sunflower seed came up as a huge patch of
sunflowers this year, too.

--Jenny