GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   how much grass to clear for planting persimmon tree (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/148254-how-much-grass-clear-planting-persimmon-tree.html)

[email protected] 31-07-2006 06:41 AM

how much grass to clear for planting persimmon tree

hi, i am planning to grow a couple of persimmon trees in the front
lawn, which is the only available space. how much of lawn grass should

i clear away from the persimmon trees?

also how often should i water the trees?

we just purchased them and they are about 5 feet.

Phisherman[_1_] 31-07-2006 12:28 PM

On 30 Jul 2006 22:41:36 -0700, wrote:

hi, i am planning to grow a couple of persimmon trees in the front
lawn, which is the only available space. how much of lawn grass should

i clear away from the persimmon trees?

Make a hole twice the size of the existing container. You can mulch
out to the drip line if you want.

also how often should i water the trees?

Soak them immediately after planting. Soak them again the following
day. Then make sure they get at least 1" of water per week for the
next several months.

we just purchased them and they are about 5 feet.

[email protected] 07-08-2006 02:50 AM

how much grass to clear for planting persimmon tree

I prefer keep a six foot permiter cleared primeter Around the base of
the three.This seems to keep insests expecials catipleers away from the
tree. I had to put rocks around my permisions in order to keep the
roots cool. Rocks seem harbor some insect such as apids.

[email protected] 07-08-2006 02:57 AM

how much grass to clear for planting persimmon tree

sorry for saying rock around the permisions. When is Symernian Quinces
I have. I have in the sun.