GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Hot Radishes (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/148421-hot-radishes.html)

Myrl Jeffcoat 06-08-2006 12:40 AM

Hot Radishes

All-
I remember there is a little trick to what makes radishes hot, or not
so hot. But, I can't remember what it is. Is it something about when
you pick them?

I pulled some up this morning, and they are blistering hot.

Myrl Jeffcoat
http://www.myrljeffcoat.com

cathych 06-08-2006 02:17 AM

Hot Radishes

They could be hot for either 2 reasons: 1. THey were left in the ground
for too long, or 2. They did not have enough water.

Myrl Jeffcoat 09-08-2006 02:27 PM

Hot Radishes

That makes sense. I had been on vacation to London, for about 10 days.
The weather here in Sacramento was very hot while I was gone. They
were probably left in the ground a wee bit long, and had less water.

Myrl Jeffcoat
http://www.myrljeffcoat.com