GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Flowering aquatic plants for zone 4? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/148488-flowering-aquatic-plants-zone-4-a.html)

Mama Bear 08-08-2006 12:50 AM

Flowering aquatic plants for zone 4?

Are there any good flowering aquatic plants that would be good for zone 4?
( Denver area )

I have this heavy steel tub out in the yard. We don't even know what the
heck it is. It's open on the top but not the bottom. I tried putting some
strawbrries in there but they sat in water, the thing doesn't drain
enough. ( it has one hole in the bottom, about 1/2" square but it's not
enough )

So are there any kinds of plants that I can put in it, that will do well
sitting in water and maybe give me some nice flowers?

--
- Mama Bear

Steve[_2_] 08-08-2006 02:09 AM

Mama Bear wrote:
Are there any good flowering aquatic plants that would be good for zone 4?
( Denver area )

I have this heavy steel tub out in the yard. We don't even know what the
heck it is. It's open on the top but not the bottom. I tried putting some
strawbrries in there but they sat in water, the thing doesn't drain
enough. ( it has one hole in the bottom, about 1/2" square but it's not
enough )

So are there any kinds of plants that I can put in it, that will do well
sitting in water and maybe give me some nice flowers?

Some of the water loving irises would look nice in there.

Steve