GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   identify this tree with fruit? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/148605-identify-tree-fruit.html)

chaz 11-08-2006 03:47 AM

identify this tree with fruit?

This is in the yard of the house i just moved into. Any help with identity?

http://www.inkweb.com/images/dsc02230.jpg

chaz

Paulo da Costa 11-08-2006 04:10 AM

chaz wrote:
This is in the yard of the house i just moved into. Any help with identity?

http://www.inkweb.com/images/dsc02230.jpg

Ficus religiosa?

Paulo

Arborsmith 11-08-2006 04:46 AM

identify this tree with fruit?

Look like a nice crop of figs.

Richard
http://www.arborsmith.com

Lar[_1_] 11-08-2006 05:04 AM

identify this tree with fruit?

In article ,
says...
:) This is in the yard of the house i just moved into. Any help with identity?
:)
:)
:)
http://www.inkweb.com/images/dsc02230.jpg
:)
:) chaz
:)
:)
:)
Chinese Tallow Sapium sebiferum
http://tinyurl.com/kdzzu
--
Lar

but it is the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Lar[_1_] 11-08-2006 05:06 AM

identify this tree with fruit?

In article . com,
says...
:) Look like a nice crop of figs.
:)
:)
'cept ya would crack a tooth on them..nice ammo for a sling shot though

Blue 11-08-2006 05:20 AM

chaz wrote:
This is in the yard of the house i just moved into. Any help with identity?

http://www.inkweb.com/images/dsc02230.jpg

If I think it is what it is - you are lucky to have it. Chinese tallow
is a popular ornamental because of its fast growth and attractive
foliage which becomes yellow to red in the fall and is resistant to
pests. It is also known as north Florida melaleuca - are you in
Florida?

Lar[_1_] 11-08-2006 05:56 AM

identify this tree with fruit?

In article . com,
says...
:) If I think it is what it is - you are lucky to have it.
:)
these trees fall into the realm of "location, location, location" In the
Dallas area they are pretty much considered a trash tree. Just cold
tolerant enough so that a semi protected tree can get some size to it
before a freeze eventually kills a large section of it back if not the
whole tree.

Treedweller 12-08-2006 06:56 PM

identify this tree with fruit?

On Thu, 10 Aug 2006 23:56:39 -0500, Lar
wrote:

In article . com,
says...
:) If I think it is what it is - you are lucky to have it.
:)
these trees fall into the realm of "location, location, location" In the
Dallas area they are pretty much considered a trash tree. Just cold
tolerant enough so that a semi protected tree can get some size to it
before a freeze eventually kills a large section of it back if not the
whole tree.

not to mention they are invasive. Kill them all!