GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Something in my yard loves begonias.. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/14864-something-my-yard-loves-begonias.html)

William McHarg 14-04-2003 03:08 AM

Something in my yard loves begonias..

Last summer my wife put out a lot of large pots, with different types
of flowers in each pot.

Something ate the begonias, only the begonias, and ALL the begonias.
It likes red ones the best, but will eat the white ones when all the
red ones are gone. It eats them down to the roots, then pulls the
roots out and leaves them by the pot.

It seems to leave everything else alone.

We do have a large lot with lots of wildlife, rabbits and squirrels
abound. Some of these pots were up on our deck, and some were on the
front porch.

Any ideas what it might be, and if there is anyway to stop this from
happening. (I did suggest no begonias, but I got THE LOOK for that
one..)

Mac