Old 14-04-2003, 03:56 PM
Jack

Default My yard is a disaster! Please help!

Ok, my yard is a mess!!! I got green onions, weeds, clover, you name
it going in my yard. I think I have more weeds than grass. Can
anyone one offer suggestions on getting me to having just grass in my
yard? What kind of grass should I get? How many seasons will it
take? Cost? BTW I'm in Tennessee.

Thanks for any suggestions
Old 14-04-2003, 04:56 PM
zxcvbob

Jack wrote:
Ok, my yard is a mess!!! I got green onions, weeds, clover, you name
it going in my yard. I think I have more weeds than grass. Can
anyone one offer suggestions on getting me to having just grass in my
yard? What kind of grass should I get? How many seasons will it
take? Cost? BTW I'm in Tennessee.

Thanks for any suggestions

If the lawn is healthy and mowed frequently, few of the weeds will be able
to compete with the grass. I would fertilizer very lightly with a high
nitrogen fertilizer (15-5-9 or something like that). I would mix up a
squirt bottle with 2,4-D herbicide and walk around and spray the dandelions
and thistles and plantains, and maybe some of the clover. After that,
mowing frequently will take care of it. Cost you about $10.

I wouldn't worry so much about having all grass. All grass is not natural,
and you'll work yourself to death trying to get rid of that last little bit
of nutgrass or white clover or whatever.

Best regards,
Bob

--
Have a Windows® computer that is powered on for hours at a time? Join the
search for a cure for cancer: http://grid.org/projects/cancer/

Old 15-04-2003, 10:56 PM
it's me

Jack wrote:

Ok, my yard is a mess!!! I got green onions, weeds, clover, you name
it going in my yard. I think I have more weeds than grass. Can
anyone one offer suggestions on getting me to having just grass in my
yard? What kind of grass should I get? How many seasons will it
take? Cost? BTW I'm in Tennessee.

Thanks for any suggestions

There's a triangle when it comes to remodeling

Quality

Time

Cost

You can basically pick two but not the thrid

If you want good quality in a short amount of time it most likely going
to COST you.

Cheap good Quality takes TIME

Weed hate to be mowed. I bought a mower with a bagger and in two years
had my lawn free of French Sorel (A very mean nasty weed.)

Kevin

There are two kinds of home-repair projects: those too big to undertake
yourself and those too small to bother with.

The first kind, you can't afford, and the second kind, if left alone
long enough, will develop into something you can't afford either.