GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Making statues look old (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/149141-making-statues-look-old.html)

[email protected] 28-08-2006 06:55 PM

Making statues look old

I bought two new statues. I want to make lthe look old. Does smearing
on yogurt work? Any ideas?

Sparky Organic 28-08-2006 08:05 PM

Making statues look old

If you're willing to wait, burying them in the ground for a month or so
should do the trick. Or you could smear them with a mixture of
buttermilk, garden soil and moss, processed in a blender. Keep moist
at all times and see what happens.

scfundogs 28-08-2006 08:27 PM

Making statues look old

oups.com...

http://www.pallensmith.com/index.php...=1 03&aid=736

--
Tara

Carl 1 Lucky Texan 28-08-2006 10:32 PM

Making statues look old

wrote:

I bought two new statues. I want to make lthe look old. Does smearing
on yogurt work? Any ideas?

Of what material are they made?

Carl

--
to reply, change ( .not) to ( .net)

[email protected] 29-08-2006 06:10 PM

Making statues look old

Thanks that was good advice.

Bit worried about painting them though wanted it to be more natural
aging of stone.

scfundogs wrote:
oups.com...

sarab 30-08-2006 06:18 PM

Making statues look old

fish emulsion, clay, and moss mixed together in a blender works well.
I wouldn't recommend making margaritas in the blender afterwards,
however.