Old 02-09-2006, 03:33 PM posted to rec.gardens
jj jj is offline

Default loss of color in zinnias

Why do my zinnias lose their vibrant color after planted? This is
Phoenix, AZ. Some of these plants are in direct sunlight while others
are in partial shade. I planted them with a good depth of Miracle Grow
potting soil but in the ground. I have fed them about every ten days.
They get watered once a day about four A. M. BTW, I have the same
problem with daisies. Other flowers, herbs, vines and all the annuals
do extremely well. I get deep purples and vibrant yellows.

Old 03-09-2006, 12:42 PM posted to rec.gardens

My zinnias bleach out too, after a while - I think it's just a natural
phenomenon.

BTW I wouldn't feed annuals as much as you say you do. The trick with
annuals is to keep them anxious to flower as much as they can, so I
keep my soil as lean as possible.