GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   White Bird of Paradise going ape (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/149364-white-bird-paradise-going-ape.html)

Persephone 05-09-2006 10:22 AM

White Bird of Paradise going ape

This is So. Calif coastal.

Giant "White" Bird of Paradise (actually has beautiful BLUE floweers)
is getting out of hand. It's on the front of the house (north
facing), and has to be cut back constantly. Gardener doesn't cut
trunks to ground level, so there is ugly dead stuff visible that is
very hard for me (injured hand) to remove. Worst part is that there
is now a "hole" in the center of the giant plant where trunks have
been removed. I'm looking for a creative solution to conceal that
lacuna. Was thinkng of a pot with ?? plant that might set in that
area, but it is uneven.

Any thoughts?

TIA

Persephone