GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Hydroponic Help needed (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/149426-hydroponic-help-needed.html)

D-Man 08-09-2006 03:25 AM

Hydroponic Help needed

Hi all,

Let me 1st get something out of the way. I'm growing veggies and need
some advise from experienced hydroponic gardeners. Not pot growers...
its 2 totally different animals.

My Setup:
Drip System
25 gallon resivior
3 - 14foot troughs filled with cyrpess mulch as a growing medium.
Flora Series nutes.
feeding 30 minutes on 1 hour off.

Picture of it withour plants (need to take a current picture with the
plants) located here
http://www.phat-fx.com/plugins/galle...um&id=misc_111

I am having to recharge my tank every 3 days and using close to 11 oz.
of Gro, 9 oz of Micro and 4 oz. of bloom during the vegitative stage is
going to break me. I buy the quart sizes for 32 dollars and this is
going to break me.

So my question is, what can I do to keep my costs down and my harvest
up?

I've heard of people using mirclegro tomato, epsom salt and nitrate for
nutes but I am scared of killing all of my plants.

help! :)

D-Man 08-09-2006 08:18 PM

Hydroponic Help needed

Borked Pseudo Mailed wrote:
I'm sure you can keep the tank longer than three days. If you have a
conductivity meter, you can keep it at a constant conductivity by adding
water and nutrient as needed. Maybe you can also use a little less of
the good stuff and mix it with Miracle Gro if you have to. But I would
definitely stay with some good hydroponic nutrient solution for the
micro nutrients.

Thanks guys.. I am waiting for my GroCheck meter to come in so I can
better see what I am dealing with.

When it gets here I guess I'll try cutting back on so much watering.