GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Mutant pear tomatoe (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/149441-mutant-pear-tomatoe.html)

Ook 09-09-2006 05:10 AM

Mutant pear tomatoe

Found this on my yellow pear tomatoe bush today. (picture posted to
alt.binaries.pictures.gardens). I count 8 lobes. Any ideas
as to how this came to be? Also, will the seeds from this tomato be more
likely to produce tomatos like this?

More pics of it can be found he

http://zootal.no-ip.info/stuff/2006%...r%20to matoe/

Ann 09-09-2006 11:39 AM

Mutant pear tomatoe

"Ook" Ook Don't send me any freakin' spam at zootal dot com delete
the Don't send me any freakin' spam expounded:

Found this on my yellow pear tomatoe bush today. (picture posted to
alt.binaries.pictures.gardens). I count 8 lobes. Any ideas
as to how this came to be? Also, will the seeds from this tomato be more
likely to produce tomatos like this?

More pics of it can be found he

http://zootal.no-ip.info/stuff/2006%...r%20to matoe/

I answered you over in the binary group, but forgot to mention you
have a very sweet garden helper :o)
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts

Ook 09-09-2006 05:06 PM

Mutant pear tomatoe

"Ann" wrote in message
"Ook" Ook Don't send me any freakin' spam at zootal dot com delete
the Don't send me any freakin' spam expounded:

Found this on my yellow pear tomatoe bush today. (picture posted to
alt.binaries.pictures.gardens). I count 8 lobes. Any ideas
as to how this came to be? Also, will the seeds from this tomato be more
likely to produce tomatos like this?

More pics of it can be found he

http://zootal.no-ip.info/stuff/2006%...r%20to matoe/

I answered you over in the binary group, but forgot to mention you
have a very sweet garden helper :o)
--

Thanks :-). She is 8 years old, a real drama queen. She won't eat most of
the stuff that comes from the garden, but she loves to pick stuff, finds it