Old 10-09-2006, 06:14 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default potato storage

How do folk do it? I'm a bit peeved on checking four days after lifting and
storing (left them out to dry for a couple of hours as advised by El
Flowerdew, but couldn't make the evening go cold) in a cardboard box, to
find spots of mildew already and some areas of eww yuk, pus. Squeeze it with
a finger and it shhots a good zitsworth.

Do I have to turn it all into shepherds pie topping and freeze it?

cheers

Old 10-09-2006, 08:34 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Sun, 10 Sep 2006 18:14:45 +0100, "Oxymel of Squill"
wrote:

How do folk do it? I'm a bit peeved on checking four days after lifting and
storing (left them out to dry for a couple of hours as advised by El
Flowerdew, but couldn't make the evening go cold) in a cardboard box, to
find spots of mildew already and some areas of eww yuk, pus. Squeeze it with
a finger and it shhots a good zitsworth.

Do I have to turn it all into shepherds pie topping and freeze it?

cheers

Store in burlap, brown paper, or perforated plastic bags away from
light, in the coolest, non-refrigerated, and well-ventilated part of
the house. Do not store near onions!
Old 13-09-2006, 02:27 AM posted to rec.gardens

Throw in an apple or two to absorb moisture