GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   boxwood (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/149589-boxwood.html)

higgledy 15-09-2006 02:55 AM

boxwood

I have a boxwood hedge that has a few holes where the green has died.
The overall boxwood is healthy, not infected, etc. Is there any way to
encourage the plant to fill in the holes?

Scooter the Mighty 15-09-2006 09:12 PM

boxwood

higgledy wrote:
I have a boxwood hedge that has a few holes where the green has died.
The overall boxwood is healthy, not infected, etc. Is there any way to
encourage the plant to fill in the holes?

How big are the holes? Do they go all the way to the ground?

The best thing is probably going to be just waiting for nature to take
it's course, unless there are no live branches near the holes.

higgledy 16-09-2006 08:39 AM

boxwood

They are on the sides. a row of barberry are planted in front of the
boxwoods. These barberrys crowded the boxwoods causing them to not get
enough light or air. the holes are on the sides fromm top to bottom.