Old 15-09-2006, 06:24 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Female black and yellow garden spider with egg sag

Hello Folks, would anyone be interested in these spiders for there
gardens is there a place one could sell these spiders. I have read this
egg sac could have up to a thousand spiders in it. The
female recently died and these will hatch this fall, I would like to
find a new home for these spiders. How could I keep them in a state and
distribute them?

Please post any suggestions here

Thank You

Concho

To see the photo goto http://i10.tinypic.com/451afcn.jpg.

Old 17-09-2006, 10:40 PM posted to rec.gardens

Great, thats what I will do... I have placed the sac in a clear plastic
container.
with a screen vent in the bottom. Now to find a bush that will hold the
container,
do these spiders the young eat all winter? Will they feed off the egg
sac over winter or do they accually leave it and feed the return to the
sac?