GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Veronica or Salvia (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/149687-veronica-salvia.html)

[email protected] 18-09-2006 12:27 AM

Veronica or Salvia

Have a very hard time remembering if I put in Veronica (spikey) or
salvia. Is there any surefire way to distinquish the perennial
varieties? I am certain the leaves are different. My salvia/veronica
tall plants always seem to have nasty leaves near the end of the
growing season. I want to move them towards the back of the beds. Is
there any blue plant with leaves that stay nice? Does anyone grow
Gentian in a small bed near the front of the border? Some of the newer
varieties like sun and have a long bloom period.

Thanks
A gardening dummy
Karen