GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   dendrobium attacked by squirrel (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/149730-dendrobium-attacked-squirrel.html)

jillian 19-09-2006 03:05 PM

dendrobium attacked by squirrel

I had to move my budding dendrobium into the screened porch , from
the shaded arbor, that they love , there is only one bud left on the
spike, do you think it will still bloom ? Does anyone know how to
keep squirrels away ? short of bullets ? It's heart breaking.
Jillian

JoeSpareBedroom 19-09-2006 03:46 PM

dendrobium attacked by squirrel

"jillian" wrote in message
ups.com...
I had to move my budding dendrobium into the screened porch , from
the shaded arbor, that they love , there is only one bud left on the
spike, do you think it will still bloom ? Does anyone know how to
keep squirrels away ? short of bullets ? It's heart breaking.
Jillian

Chicken wire is very thin, so it's relatively unobtrusive. Make a
cylindrical cage around the plant. Attach to ground with tent stakes, or a
couple of those green sticks sold in garden centers. Not the prettiest idea,
but hey....this is WAR! You should see what I've got in mind for the deer
next season.

Johnny Borborigmi 20-09-2006 02:11 AM

On 2006-09-19 10:05:53 -0400, "jillian" said:

I had to move my budding dendrobium into the screened porch , from
the shaded arbor, that they love , there is only one bud left on the
spike, do you think it will still bloom ? Does anyone know how to
keep squirrels away ? short of bullets ? It's heart breaking.
Jillian

Chicken wire, netting. That bloom may still bloom. I have a Den Sarkura
blooming for me right now!

[email protected] 24-09-2006 02:13 AM

dendrobium attacked by squirrel