GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Beneficial nematodes (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/149738-beneficial-nematodes.html)

[email protected] 20-09-2006 02:28 AM

Beneficial nematodes

I want to get some beneficial nematodes, primarily for control of fleas
and Japanese beetles. In looking over the various websites that sell
them, I see wildly different recommendations for numbers and coverage,
anywhere from 5million/300sqft (gardensalive.com) to 1million/2000sqft
(thebeneficialinsectco.com). If I use gardensalive's recommendation,
it would cost me about $600 to treat my lawn. If I use
thebeneficialinsectco's numbers and buy from them, it would cost me
about $90.

Is there any reason for this massive difference? Is it based in
reality, or just marketing hype?

JoeSpareBedroom 20-09-2006 12:09 PM

Beneficial nematodes

wrote in message
oups.com...
I want to get some beneficial nematodes, primarily for control of fleas
and Japanese beetles. In looking over the various websites that sell
them, I see wildly different recommendations for numbers and coverage,
anywhere from 5million/300sqft (gardensalive.com) to 1million/2000sqft
(thebeneficialinsectco.com). If I use gardensalive's recommendation,
it would cost me about $600 to treat my lawn. If I use
thebeneficialinsectco's numbers and buy from them, it would cost me
about $90.

Is there any reason for this massive difference? Is it based in
reality, or just marketing hype?

Can you provide links or names for the actual things you're considering?

[email protected] 20-09-2006 12:33 PM

Beneficial nematodes

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
I want to get some beneficial nematodes, primarily for control of fleas
and Japanese beetles. In looking over the various websites that sell
them, I see wildly different recommendations for numbers and coverage,
anywhere from 5million/300sqft (gardensalive.com) to 1million/2000sqft
(thebeneficialinsectco.com). If I use gardensalive's recommendation,
it would cost me about $600 to treat my lawn. If I use
thebeneficialinsectco's numbers and buy from them, it would cost me
about $90.

Is there any reason for this massive difference? Is it based in
reality, or just marketing hype?

Can you provide links or names for the actual things you're considering?

Sure - here's a few:

http://www.thebeneficialinsectco.com...-nematodes.htm
1million/$20, covers 2000 sq ft (= 500/sq ft)

http://www.buglogical.com/nematodes.shtml
10million/$30, covers 3,200 sq ft (=3,125/sq ft)

http://www.gardensalive.com/product.asp?pn=2779
5million/$20, covers 300 sq ft (=16,000/sq ft)