Old 06-10-2006, 04:15 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Norfolk Island Pine

mstrspy wrote:
I life in the Boston Area. I have a Norfolk Island Pine tree that my
wife gave me 30 years ago. It is getting too tall for my house. It is
now about 5 ft tall. I keep it on my porch in the summer and the
basement in winter. I'm not sure what to do with this plant when it
gets too tall to move around and too tall for my house.
Any sugesstions? I don't wnat to get rid of it.

As a bonsai hobbyist myself, I'd say that if you want to keep it you
can prune it back to a size you like. You also might want to repot it
and whack off about a third of the roots.

Trees don't have to be any taller than you want them.

[IMG] code is On

Norfolk Island Pine United Kingdom 11 24-05-2006 06:02 PM
Norfolk Island Pine Tuletess Gardening 3 03-02-2004 12:03 AM
[IBC] Norfolk Island Pine help Billy M. Rhodes Bonsai 0 07-10-2003 01:07 AM
Norfolk Island Pine help Shireen Gonzaga Bonsai 0 06-10-2003 07:02 PM
norfolk island pine ernest jones United Kingdom 0 17-10-2002 08:52 PM