Old 06-10-2006, 05:19 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Help with Japanese maple.

I've been wanting a Golden Full Moon maple for a while now, and
yesterday I picked up one for very cheap because it's sick. I'm hoping
to be able to pull it through.

About 2/3rds of the leaves have turned brown and dried up. The
remaining leaves are also turning brown and drying. Some of this may
be due to it being fall, but the leaves haven't really turned color,
they're either green or brown.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Should I repot it?

Old 06-10-2006, 06:28 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article .com,
"Scooter the Mighty" wrote:

I've been wanting a Golden Full Moon maple for a while now, and
yesterday I picked up one for very cheap because it's sick. I'm hoping
to be able to pull it through.

About 2/3rds of the leaves have turned brown and dried up. The
remaining leaves are also turning brown and drying. Some of this may
be due to it being fall, but the leaves haven't really turned color,
they're either green or brown.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Should I repot it?

I'd plant it in the ground. Full moons maple about here can be 6 or 8
feet tall. Are the branches stiff or supple? If the former good luck.

Sometimes it is not good to buy sick plants.

We have about 80 japanese maples in our yard. Some die every year
usually due to critters.

Still I try to raise them for future family and friends as gifts. This
from seed. I'm on the verge of having to give them away ) But not the
low growing form or the natural small ones.

I do not know of Golden Full Moon just Green Full Moons.

Bill

--
S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade Beware Of THINK LIKE THIS
Old 08-10-2006, 08:05 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Scooter the Mighty" wrote in message
oups.com
I've been wanting a Golden Full Moon maple for a while now, and
yesterday I picked up one for very cheap because it's sick.
I'm
hoping to be able to pull it through.

About 2/3rds of the leaves have turned brown and dried up. The
remaining leaves are also turning brown and drying. Some of
this
may be due to it being fall, but the leaves haven't really
turned
color, they're either green or brown.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Should I repot it?

Plant it in the ground where it will only get dappled sun.

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5