Old 09-10-2006, 01:35 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Drainage...

Recently had septic pump problems.
The fellow doing the repairs noticed that soil and water were probably
making their way into the pump chamber on one side. He suggested I dig
a channel to allow the water/drainage to make its way around the pump
chamber.

I've dug most of the channel. Now I'm wondering what to fill it with.
At first I thought I'd just place the original grass back on top. But
that would be difficult to maintain and dangerous for walking.

So I'm thinking about filling it with small stones. Is this the best
way to go?
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

TIA

Old 10-10-2006, 03:13 AM posted to rec.gardens

John Bachman wrote:

Crushed stone, 3/4" is standard for drainage ditches around here.
Cover the stone with landscape cloth and then soil - the cloth will
keep the soil from clogging up the stone. Then plant whatever you
want on top.

Thanks very much John for your reply. Now I know how to go about
completing this work.

Eric