Old 09-10-2006, 06:27 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default need help

Trying to determine this flower (see link)...

http://www.kevincornwell.com/misc/flower.bmp

I know the picture is poor, but that's all I have. A girl I know has
this imprint on a peice of clothing and I want to know anything (if
there is anything) to know about about it.

Thanks,
Kevin C

ps- yes, I am trying to win her.

Old 09-10-2006, 12:33 PM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:

Trying to determine this flower (see link)...

http://www.kevincornwell.com/misc/flower.bmp

I know the picture is poor, but that's all I have. A girl I know has
this imprint on a peice of clothing and I want to know anything (if
there is anything) to know about about it.

Thanks,
Kevin C

ps- yes, I am trying to win her.

Possibly an orchid, Aristolochia, Iris, etc.

pic is awfully small!

I dunno

Carl

--
to reply, change ( .not) to ( .net)
Old 10-10-2006, 05:21 AM posted to rec.gardens

Carl 1 Lucky Texan wrote:

wrote:

Trying to determine this flower (see link)...

http://www.kevincornwell.com/misc/flower.bmp

I know the picture is poor, but that's all I have. A girl I know has
this imprint on a peice of clothing and I want to know anything (if
there is anything) to know about about it.

Thanks,
Kevin C

ps- yes, I am trying to win her.

Possibly an orchid, Aristolochia, Iris, etc.

pic is awfully small!

I dunno

Carl

It's an orchid and I would go so far as to say it is a Cymbidium. There
are thousands of different Cymbidium hybrids and the pattern on the lip
can vary quite a bit. Here is a picture of one with a lip similar to the
one in the small pictu

http://www.gradinamea.ro/admin/_file..._Cymbidium.jpg

Steve (orchid grower for over 30 years)
Old 10-10-2006, 05:27 AM posted to rec.gardens

Steve wrote:

Carl 1 Lucky Texan wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Actually, I should have put up a link to one of my own pictures. This is
a Cymbidium I bought in about 1975 for about $2. (I was a college
student at the time and it was in my price range.) I think it was the
first orchid that ever bloomed for me. I still have it:
http://stevewilson.homestead.com/fil...lxredwood2.jpg

Steve
Old 11-10-2006, 01:14 PM posted to rec.gardens

Thanks everyone. You guys are very helpful!

Kevin.