Old 12-10-2006, 08:42 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Funny garden statues?

I am thinking of putting something entertaining in my yard. What is the
funniest garden statue that you have seen (in person or in a store)? Here
are some funny statues in public areas:

http://www.statuaryplace.com/forum/f...atues-t96.html

Old 12-10-2006, 11:47 AM posted to rec.gardens

On 10/12/06 3:42 AM, in article
, "Ferfal"
wrote:

I am thinking of putting something entertaining in my yard. What is the
funniest garden statue that you have seen (in person or in a store)? Here
are some funny statues in public areas:

http://www.statuaryplace.com/forum/f...atues-t96.html

Read Felder Rushing's book Passalong Plants for some more.

Since I can not afford some thing large scale, I happen to really like to
tuck little whimsical items around the garden. That reminds me, time to go
pick them up, let them dry and put them away for the winter.

Cheryl

Old 12-10-2006, 12:01 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Ferfal" wrote in message

I am thinking of putting something entertaining in my yard.

My husband bought me 3 Garden Gnomes. One has a screwdriver through
his chest with blood dripping from the wound, another has a mower
blade through his forehead with blood dripping from the wound and the
third has bound wrists and ankles and tape across his mouth. They're
the best looking Garden Gnomes I've ever seen.

Old 12-10-2006, 03:24 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 10/12/06 7:01 AM, in article
, "Farm1"
please@askifyouwannaknow wrote:

"Ferfal" wrote in message

I am thinking of putting something entertaining in my yard.

My husband bought me 3 Garden Gnomes. One has a screwdriver through
his chest with blood dripping from the wound, another has a mower
blade through his forehead with blood dripping from the wound and the
third has bound wrists and ankles and tape across his mouth. They're
the best looking Garden Gnomes I've ever seen.

Sounds like a gift for my brother in law! would he share the source?

Old 13-10-2006, 02:27 AM posted to rec.gardens

You can see a number of gnomes at:
http://www.bifrost.com.au/hosting/gnomes/index.html
Unfortunately at the 'Die Screaming With Sharp Things in Your Head' store
they do not sell the gnomes.

Bill

Old 15-10-2006, 10:04 PM posted to rec.gardens

the statuary on that website ARE cute, a few were funny; but, i'd hazard
a guess they
are ALL expensive!!!

since you gave a false email address, it's difficult to know your
"direction," although,
from the pictures on the site, i'd guess you're from somewhere
britainish? ;o)

nevertheless, that does not REALLY matter...what you need to know about
this topic,
IF you are interested in decorating your garden...is, first of all to go
to the following
websites:
1) http://www.collectionsetc.com
i checked their shipping instructions, and they WILL deliver to places
outside of
america...but only if you have a "real" address---meaning---NOT a postal
address.

2) http://www.gardeners.com
about this place---although they are currently stressing the fact that
all gardeners NEED
to think "christmas" i am pretty sure they'll have their regular items,
too....plus, they
might just offer links to other similar shops where you can get goodies
for the garden!!
3) use GOOGLE and search for "funny statues for the garden" (and if you
AIN'T in
america, you could stick your location into the search option)...i did
that and i came up with:
A. http://www.accentsinthegarden.com/
and
B. http://trishwilson.typepad.com/blog/...tatues_fo.html

etc., etc.

personally, i LOVE www.collectionsetc.com----the MOST EXPENSIVE item
there costs
$14.95 and, of course, they have cheaper stuff, as well. i got a bunch
of "garden angels"
whose hands are linked by small pieces of chainlink...and although
they've been in my
garden on the SOUTH side...their brilliant colours have not yet faded!!!

it's worth taking a look-see....just don't get obsessive (and believe me
you, it is VERRA
easy to get attached!!!

good luck---have fun----love it!!!
~~CURIOUS~~