Old 16-10-2006, 01:04 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Critters in my mulch

"Jangchub" wrote in message

We have a huge bull
frog who swims in our pool every night. We scoop him out and he jumps
back in.

He's doing laps. Why can't you leave him alone until he's done?

Old 16-10-2006, 04:12 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article , "ACP" wrote:
Every night some critter is digging in the pine bark mulch around our
landscape. Yesterday I spread some moth balls around and last night the
activity was the worst I ever had.

Not sure what the animal is, maybe possum or raccoon.

Short of sitting out there after dark with night vision goggles and a 22
rifle and suggestions for keeping the pests away?

Thanks....

My cat thinks all the cypress mulch i have in my gardens is one big litter
box.All i do is spread the mulch again with my foot.Rick
Old 16-10-2006, 04:50 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Sun, 15 Oct 2006 23:04:44 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"Jangchub" wrote in message
.. .

We have a huge bull
frog who swims in our pool every night. We scoop him out and he jumps
back in.

He's doing laps. Why can't you leave him alone until he's done?

Actually, we have a fifty foot lap pool! This is one honking
bullfrog. He makes a huge doot in the pool when he swims. I'm more
concerned that he'll get trapped in the pool. I don't mind him being
there.
Old 16-10-2006, 04:52 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Jangchub" wrote in message
On Sun, 15 Oct 2006 23:04:44 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"Jangchub" wrote in message
. ..

We have a huge bull
frog who swims in our pool every night. We scoop him out and he jumps
back in.

He's doing laps. Why can't you leave him alone until he's done?

Actually, we have a fifty foot lap pool! This is one honking
bullfrog. He makes a huge doot in the pool when he swims. I'm more
concerned that he'll get trapped in the pool. I don't mind him being
there.

He gets in, swims, and leaves? WTF? He'll be a nice, clean frog if your
chlorine's right.

Old 17-10-2006, 12:51 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 14:52:31 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

"Jangchub" wrote in message

We have a huge bull
frog who swims in our pool every night. We scoop him out and he jumps
back in.

He's doing laps. Why can't you leave him alone until he's done?

Actually, we have a fifty foot lap pool! This is one honking
bullfrog. He makes a huge doot in the pool when he swims. I'm more
concerned that he'll get trapped in the pool. I don't mind him being
there.

He gets in, swims, and leaves? WTF? He'll be a nice, clean frog if your
chlorine's right.

Sometimes he gets out. Most times we have to scoop him out. And I
have the chlorine as low as humanly possible. Actually, our tap water
has more chlorine in it than out pool. But, his skin could
potentially get irritated. I can't believe I'm all worried about a
frog! LOL. I just love nature.

Old 17-10-2006, 01:14 AM posted to rec.gardens

"Jangchub" wrote in message
On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 14:52:31 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"Jangchub" wrote in message
. ..
On Sun, 15 Oct 2006 23:04:44 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"Jangchub" wrote in message
m...

We have a huge bull
frog who swims in our pool every night. We scoop him out and he jumps
back in.

He's doing laps. Why can't you leave him alone until he's done?

Actually, we have a fifty foot lap pool! This is one honking
bullfrog. He makes a huge doot in the pool when he swims. I'm more
concerned that he'll get trapped in the pool. I don't mind him being
there.

He gets in, swims, and leaves? WTF? He'll be a nice, clean frog if your
chlorine's right.

Sometimes he gets out. Most times we have to scoop him out. And I
have the chlorine as low as humanly possible. Actually, our tap water
has more chlorine in it than out pool. But, his skin could
potentially get irritated. I can't believe I'm all worried about a
frog! LOL. I just love nature.

Slacker. Build him a little ramp, you lazy sack o' shit! It should be hinged
at the top, like a floating dock, in case the level of the pool varies.

Old 17-10-2006, 01:17 AM posted to rec.gardens

"Jangchub" wrote in message
On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 14:52:31 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

"Jangchub" wrote in message
[...]

Let me know when you figure out that this could be a big money winner on
"America's Funniest Home Videos". But, I'd lie about your location, so the
frog's not inundated with paparazzi. He probably hates camera flash and
noise.

I wanna see pictures!

Old 17-10-2006, 06:38 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 23:14:29 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

Slacker. Build him a little ramp, you lazy sack o' shit! It should be hinged
at the top, like a floating dock, in case the level of the pool varies.

He has a ramp, but he's a FROG and hasn't always been able to figure
that out.
Old 17-10-2006, 06:39 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 23:17:05 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

Let me know when you figure out that this could be a big money winner on
"America's Funniest Home Videos". But, I'd lie about your location, so the
frog's not inundated with paparazzi. He probably hates camera flash and
noise.

I wanna see pictures!

He's been gone for a few weeks so you'll have to wait till next
spring. At least we haven't seen him for a few weeks. While it's
still 90 degrees here, the water has chilled up quite a bit due to the
angle of the sun.
Old 17-10-2006, 06:55 PM posted to rec.gardens

news
wrote:

Slacker. Build him a little ramp, you lazy sack o' shit! It should be
hinged
at the top, like a floating dock, in case the level of the pool varies.

He has a ramp, but he's a FROG and hasn't always been able to figure
that out.

Duh. You have to put up a sign explaining the ramp.

Funny story: In college, the cafeteria had a sign on the door saying "No
Dogs in Cafeteria". But, when lots of people were entering, the door would
be held open much of the time, and dogs would sneak in anyway. The old lady
who checked our meal cards at the door got really upset about it one day. My
roommate, who was quite stoned at the moment, told her she needed to move
the sign lower on the door so the dogs could read it. When we came back the
next day, the sign had been moved.

Old 18-10-2006, 01:55 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 16:55:32 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

Duh. You have to put up a sign explaining the ramp.

I have a spotlight and we built a little stage and left the little top
hat and cane so when the frog came out of the pool it would entertain
us. He didn't like the plain white lights so I have colored lights
now and his whole motive is to make a big doot in the pool! He never
used the hat and cane.

Funny story: In college, the cafeteria had a sign on the door saying "No
Dogs in Cafeteria". But, when lots of people were entering, the door would
be held open much of the time, and dogs would sneak in anyway. The old lady
who checked our meal cards at the door got really upset about it one day. My
roommate, who was quite stoned at the moment, told her she needed to move
the sign lower on the door so the dogs could read it. When we came back the
next day, the sign had been moved.

People are such dumbos.
Old 18-10-2006, 01:35 PM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:

Duh. You have to put up a sign explaining the ramp.

I have a spotlight and we built a little stage and left the little top
hat and cane so when the frog came out of the pool it would entertain
us. He didn't like the plain white lights so I have colored lights
now and his whole motive is to make a big doot in the pool! He never
used the hat and cane.

Maybe he was doing his production of "Hair" (not so many clothes), as
opposed to "Music Man".

Never mind. :-)

Old 18-10-2006, 02:37 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Wed, 18 Oct 2006 11:35:51 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Duh. You have to put up a sign explaining the ramp.

I have a spotlight and we built a little stage and left the little top
hat and cane so when the frog came out of the pool it would entertain
us. He didn't like the plain white lights so I have colored lights
now and his whole motive is to make a big doot in the pool! He never
used the hat and cane.

Maybe he was doing his production of "Hair" (not so many clothes), as
opposed to "Music Man".

Never mind. :-)

He better get with the program next spring or I'll have Rosie
O'Donnell come over and get his Broadway thang going!