GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Dish Detergent as a Herbicide Wetting Agent? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/150410-dish-detergent-herbicide-wetting-agent.html)

Charles P Lamb 18-10-2006 06:03 AM

Dish Detergent as a Herbicide Wetting Agent?

I am considering using household dishwashing detergent as a wetting agent
for a herbicide. I am hoping it will allow a finer spray and help prevent
the solution from beading up and rolling off of the leaves. Is this likely
to work?

Carl 1 Lucky Texan 18-10-2006 12:27 PM

Charles P Lamb wrote:

I am considering using household dishwashing detergent as a wetting agent
for a herbicide. I am hoping it will allow a finer spray and help prevent
the solution from beading up and rolling off of the leaves. Is this likely
to work?

yes. A 'citrus' smelling soap is often recommended. You won't need much!

Carl

--
to reply, change ( .not) to ( .net)

dicko 18-10-2006 03:45 PM

Dish Detergent as a Herbicide Wetting Agent?

I wouldnt use detergent, I'd use one of the dishwasher wetting agents
like Jetdry.

dickm