Old 22-10-2006, 05:46 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Need Help with My Avacado Tree

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone had any advice on a Avocado tree that I am
growing. Right now it is about a year old and stands 4 feet or so
high. In the last few months however I have been having problems with
it's leaves turning brown. Information I have read from web sites
suggest that it is getting to much water, but I only water it once a
week if that.

In a effort to fix the problem, I moved it to a bigger pot (not such
how big but at least 30 gallons or more) and changed out the oil from
a Potting soil to something called Cactus soil, apparently this soil
does not hold the water as much and is better for Avocado trees (Or so
I read online)

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Bob Shafer

[IMG] code is On

Indoor Avacado tree problems. [email protected] Gardening 11 19-12-2006 07:22 PM
Avacado Tree Rachel Edible Gardening 5 31-10-2004 07:15 AM
Avacado Tree Drooping Rachel Gardening 1 25-10-2004 12:56 AM
Avacado's Janine Smith Permaculture 8 26-02-2003 12:46 PM
avacado pit ncstockguy North Carolina 0 18-02-2003 02:04 AM