Old 24-10-2006, 06:52 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default d'Anis Pear

In 2000, I grafted scions of a European pear named d'Anis
to one of my pear trees. Has anyone grown this pear to
fruiting? Can you offer any description of the fruit?

It is hard to search out on the web. I found this link:

http://www.ars-grin.gov/cor/catalogs/pyrcult.html

which says that Todd Kennedy submitted it to the Natl. Germplasm
Repository -
Corvallis in 1996.

It is hard to sift the 'hits' from anise flavored pear tarts and pear
and anise scented candles, etc.

Thanks,

John

Old 24-10-2006, 01:53 PM posted to rec.gardens

"baumgrenze" wrote in message
ups.com...
In 2000, I grafted scions of a European pear named d'Anis
to one of my pear trees. Has anyone grown this pear to
fruiting? Can you offer any description of the fruit?

It is hard to search out on the web. I found this link:

http://www.ars-grin.gov/cor/catalogs/pyrcult.html

which says that Todd Kennedy submitted it to the Natl. Germplasm
Repository -
Corvallis in 1996.

It is hard to sift the 'hits' from anise flavored pear tarts and pear
and anise scented candles, etc.

Thanks,

John

Check Google's advanced search options. You may be able to limit the search
to addresses ending in "edu". That won't guarantee no recipes, but it should
cut down the noise to some extent. And, you might drill down into web sites
from agricultural schools like Cornell and Texas A&M.