GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Stinkhorn Mystery (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/150580-photo-week-stinkhorn-mystery.html)

Jack Schmidling 26-10-2006 05:01 AM

PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Stinkhorn Mystery

This bit of erotica is rather embarrassing as I do not know the name of
it.

I can find no, all white stinkhorn in any of my references.

js

Astronomy, Beer, Cheese, Fiber,Gems, Sausage,Silver
http://schmidling.com

[email protected][_1_] 26-10-2006 05:10 AM

Jack Schmidling wrote:
This bit of erotica is rather embarrassing as I do not know the name of
it.

I can find no, all white stinkhorn in any of my references.

js

Astronomy, Beer, Cheese, Fiber,Gems, Sausage,Silver
http://schmidling.com

Got me, Jack.

Better dry it and submit for identification from local mycological
staff.

Daniel B. Wheeler

alex 26-10-2006 04:34 PM

PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Stinkhorn Mystery

I can find no, all white stinkhorn in any of my references.

According to the book I have, "Mushrooms", by Gary Lincoff and Thomas
Laesse (ISBN 0789432862) on p.247 it says that the Shameless Stinkhorn
(Phallus impudicus) has a white cap under its olive-green slime. Maybe
rain has washed off the slime on the cap.

OmManiPadmeOmelet 26-10-2006 05:09 PM

PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Stinkhorn Mystery

In article ,
alex wrote:

I can find no, all white stinkhorn in any of my references.

According to the book I have, "Mushrooms", by Gary Lincoff and Thomas
Laesse (ISBN 0789432862) on p.247 it says that the Shameless Stinkhorn
(Phallus impudicus) has a white cap under its olive-green slime. Maybe
rain has washed off the slime on the cap.

Here is an all white stinkhorn:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mkuhn/6...n/set-1388370/

I buy them dried at the oriental market. They are excellent in soups.

But, they grow in china. ;-)

The stem is a bit chewy but the veil has a very nice texture.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.