Old 29-10-2006, 10:29 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden,rec.gardens

Default Urban Compost Tumbler - Fact or Fiction?

Every gardener knows that good soil is a key success factor for a great
garden. They also understand that organic matter is the most important
component to creating great soil, and adding compost to your garden
soil is the best way to get organic matter into your soil.

Last fall I purchased the Urban Compost Tumbler. When I saw it in the
magazine, I thought what a great way to increase my compost production.
As the ad stated, I was going to have compost in less than two weeks.
What a joke.

What I have found is that the organic matter sits in the tumbler all
day long and just cooks. It never really breaks down. In fact, even
if I spin the tumbler twice a day, I can produce more compost in my
standard pile over the summer than I can with my Urban Compost Tumbler.

Learn from my mistake Save your money, and stay away from the Urban
Compost Tumbler. What they claim is all Fiction

For more gardening articles and information please visit
http://www.growersinfo.com

Old 29-10-2006, 10:54 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden,rec.gardens

"Growers Information" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Two friends said the same thing about tumblers. Always be suspicious when
advertising uses a word which makes no sense relative to the product being
sold. "Urban". Pointless. It's as odd as when supermarkets distribute sale
flyers with products on sale because of Super Bowl, and in addition to chips
and dip, the ad includes tampons.

Old 29-10-2006, 11:39 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden,rec.gardens
Val Val is offline

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message

the ad includes tampons.

They are as relavent to Super Bowl Sunday as chips and dip. You stick them
in your ears so you are not annoyed by superfluous nagging and kid noise
while watching the game........the strings are for easy and convenient post
game removal. Keep the box handy for a handy projectile aimed at those who
walk in front of the viewing screen.

Val

Old 29-10-2006, 11:45 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden,rec.gardens

"Val" wrote in message

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message

the ad includes tampons.

They are as relavent to Super Bowl Sunday as chips and dip. You stick them
in your ears so you are not annoyed by superfluous nagging and kid noise
while watching the game........the strings are for easy and convenient
post game removal. Keep the box handy for a handy projectile aimed at
those who walk in front of the viewing screen.

Val

Sanitary napkins could be useful when attached beneath the chins of football
fans, to catch the drool.