Old 12-11-2006, 06:35 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default lavender wreaths

I've grown lavenders in the garden for a few years, but never tried
drying any. Lately I've seen lavender wreaths and other dried
lavender items for sale. I'd like to get one, but I'm wondering how
much value I'll be getting for the price. How long does one of these
stay looking good in a typical winter home environment with low
humidity?

Old 12-11-2006, 11:00 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Jim Shaffer" wrote in message
I've grown lavenders in the garden for a few years, but never tried
drying any. Lately I've seen lavender wreaths and other dried
lavender items for sale. I'd like to get one, but I'm wondering how
much value I'll be getting for the price. How long does one of these
stay looking good in a typical winter home environment with low
humidity?

They look pretty ratty, pretty fast. Better to combine them with other
vegetation that maintains a non-graveyard appearance longer, like holly, and
needle-ish evergreens.

[IMG] code is On

Lavender and White - pale-lavender-and-white.jpg Dave Fouchey Garden Photos 3 30-07-2007 01:36 AM
Munstead Lavender seeds LeAnn Gardening 2 30-03-2003 04:56 PM
Siberian Lavender vericaulk Gardening 2 30-03-2003 02:32 AM
Good Lavender Miniature Roses Rose rescue Radika Kesavan Roses 7 24-03-2003 09:08 PM
Pruning lavender (zone 24/8) Polar Gardening 6 04-02-2003 02:53 AM