Old 15-04-2003, 10:44 PM
Mceezee

Default Bees- the wood boring type

Today was the first warm day we have have had (at least for a while). All of
the sudden bees (the ones that bore holes in my deck) appeared.

How can I stop these bees from being around my deck and making holes in the
wood. We use our deck a lot in the summer so I want these bees gone
Old 15-04-2003, 11:32 PM
Mceezee

just swatted one not too long ago. He was trying to select a wooden
resting place in my garage. When they bore into my deck I shoot
insecticide into the hole then plug it up.

What do you use to plug the hole in the wood? I thought about wood glue, but I
can't think of anything else to use.

Old 16-04-2003, 02:44 AM
DavesVideo

(Mceezee) wrote:

Today was the first warm day we have have had (at least for a while). All of

the sudden bees (the ones that bore holes in my deck) appeared.

You need some woodpeckers to eat the bees. They constantly try to make holes in
our cedar house. The bee makes a small round hole in the wood, then along comes
a woodpecker who rips a gigantic hole to get at the bee. Maybe you don't want
the woodpeckers. :-)

Dave
http://members.tripod.com/~VideoDave
Old 16-04-2003, 02:56 AM
Purchgdss

What do you use to plug the hole in the wood? I thought about wood glue, but
can't think of anything else to use.

We used Caulk and steel wool... then painted over the wood.... course, I left
the giant dog house untreated for them and they are very happy there.

Just my 2 cents.........
Christine