GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   yucca (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/150987-yucca.html)

readandpostrosie 16-11-2006 02:48 PM

yucca

our yucca plant, has old shoots sticking up in the air.
are those old flowers containing any seeds? should i cut off and plant
them?

stupid question, i know.........................

Wolf K 16-11-2006 03:41 PM

yucca

readandpostrosie wrote:
our yucca plant, has old shoots sticking up in the air.
are those old flowers containing any seeds? should i cut off and plant
them?

stupid question, i know.........................

No such thing as stupid questions. It's never stupid to reveal your
ignorance. It's stupid to hide it. :-)

What zone are you? Here in Canadian 4b, yucca blooms, but won't set
seeds. So look for seeds: if your yucca set seeds, they should be
viable, but you may have to chill them for a while, and then start them
indoors. A surprising number of desert plants need that kind of treatment.

Whyncha google "yucca propagation" and see what you find?

readandpostrosie 16-11-2006 06:58 PM

yucca

thanks...........i will do that!

--

IF you are still republican................
http://www.petitiononline.com/mmflint/petition.html

"Wolf K" wrote in message
m...

Jangchub 20-11-2006 01:11 PM

yucca

what kind of yucca? My red yucca have tons of seeds in the pods.

Jangchub 20-11-2006 08:20 PM

yucca

What do the flowers look like?

On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 15:37:01 GMT, "readandpostrosie"
wrote:

i don't really know what kind of yucca it is.

.. .