Old 22-11-2006, 12:11 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Hydroponics

Where have all the Hydroponics people gone. The Listserv died
a few years ago, there never was a newsgroup, and the Yahoo
Hydroponics group is spam riddled.

Dick
Old 22-11-2006, 03:10 AM posted to rec.gardens

"Dick Adams" wrote in message
Where have all the Hydroponics people gone. The Listserv died
a few years ago, there never was a newsgroup, and the Yahoo
Hydroponics group is spam riddled.

Dick

This one looks busy. Might not be your choice of crop, but you're as likely
to find knowledgable people here as anywhere else on the web.
http://www.cannabinoid.com/

Old 23-11-2006, 07:31 AM posted to rec.gardens

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"Dick Adams" wrote:

Where have all the Hydroponics people gone. The Listserv died
a few years ago, there never was a newsgroup, and the Yahoo
Hydroponics group is spam riddled.

This one looks busy. Might not be your choice of crop, but you're
as likely to find knowledgable people here as anywhere else on
the web.
http://www.cannabinoid.com/

The people there might know a lot about DIY equipment setups,
but they would be short on knowledge of more important issues,
e.g., companion planting, the pH and the nutrient requirements
of common garden plants,

More importantly the DEA monitors such newsgroups and you can't
pay attorney fees with fruits and vegatables.

Dick
Old 23-11-2006, 12:45 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Dick Adams" wrote in message
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"Dick Adams" wrote:

Where have all the Hydroponics people gone. The Listserv died
a few years ago, there never was a newsgroup, and the Yahoo
Hydroponics group is spam riddled.

This one looks busy. Might not be your choice of crop, but you're
as likely to find knowledgable people here as anywhere else on
the web.
http://www.cannabinoid.com/

The people there might know a lot about DIY equipment setups,
but they would be short on knowledge of more important issues,
e.g., companion planting, the pH and the nutrient requirements
of common garden plants,

More importantly the DEA monitors such newsgroups and you can't
pay attorney fees with fruits and vegatables.

Dick

Illogical. But, that's typical in newsgroups.

Old 23-11-2006, 08:01 PM posted to rec.gardens

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"Dick Adams" wrote:
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"Dick Adams" wrote:

Where have all the Hydroponics people gone. The Listserv died
a few years ago, there never was a newsgroup, and the Yahoo
Hydroponics group is spam riddled.

This one looks busy. Might not be your choice of crop, but you're
as likely to find knowledgable people here as anywhere else on
the web.
http://www.cannabinoid.com/

The people there might know a lot about DIY equipment setups,
but they would be short on knowledge of more important issues,
e.g., companion planting, the pH and the nutrient requirements
of common garden plants,

More importantly the DEA monitors such newsgroups and you can't
pay attorney fees with fruits and vegatables.

Illogical. But, that's typical in newsgroups.

What's illogical. Marijuana requires different nutrients than most
fruits and vegetables. Why would a marijuana grower have excess
space for other crops when growing indoors?

Also how do you think narcs find pot growers? They read websites,
forums, and newsgroups! The power of the Internet works for all
of us.

Dick

Old 23-11-2006, 09:48 PM posted to rec.gardens
Val Val is offline

"Dick Adams" wrote in message
Also how do you think narcs find pot growers? They read websites,
forums, and newsgroups! The power of the Internet works for all
of us.

Dick

If you aren't growing weed why would you worry? After the 'narcs' kick in
your doors and see your pathetic crops of veggies they'll just laugh
themselves silly all the way back to their smoked window vans and go look
for somebody else.......I wouldn't put an attorney on retainer just yet.

The library is full of hydroponics books for growing legal stuff as is the
internet. Try searching "hydroponics vegetables". I got a lot of legitimate
hits, you just might also.

Val

Old 23-11-2006, 11:16 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Val" wrote in message

"Dick Adams" wrote in message
Also how do you think narcs find pot growers? They read websites,
forums, and newsgroups! The power of the Internet works for all
of us.

Dick

If you aren't growing weed why would you worry? After the 'narcs' kick in
your doors and see your pathetic crops of veggies they'll just laugh
themselves silly all the way back to their smoked window vans and go look
for somebody else.......I wouldn't put an attorney on retainer just yet.

The library is full of hydroponics books for growing legal stuff as is the
internet. Try searching "hydroponics vegetables". I got a lot of
legitimate hits, you just might also.

Val

Library? What's a library? Don't people need to get off their fat, lazy
asses to go to the library? Then, you get books. Everybody knows they bite,
and carry germs.

Old 23-11-2006, 11:18 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Dick Adams" wrote in message
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"Dick Adams" wrote:
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"Dick Adams" wrote:

[...]

Pot growers HAVE to hide their pastime, therefore they may have a lot of
experience with hydroponics. But, you're right. It's probably better to
assume these people have no useful knowledge.

As far as the narcs.....just stop, will ya?

Old 24-11-2006, 04:48 AM posted to rec.gardens

Val wrote:

The library is full of hydroponics books for growing legal stuff
as is the internet. Try searching "hydroponics vegetables". I
got a lot of legitimate hits, you just might also.

You're correct, Val, and I have several bookmarks. What I'm
hoping to find is a forum to discussion.

Dick

Old 24-11-2006, 03:21 PM posted to rec.gardens

Dick Adams wrote:

Val wrote:

The library is full of hydroponics books for growing legal stuff
as is the internet. Try searching "hydroponics vegetables". I
got a lot of legitimate hits, you just might also.

You're correct, Val, and I have several bookmarks. What I'm
hoping to find is a forum to discussion.

Dick

http://davesgarden.com/forums/f/hydropon/all/

though it seems like there is only a new thread every coupla weeks.

Maybe Google or yahoo groups?

Carl

--
to reply, change ( .not) to ( .net)
Old 24-11-2006, 03:34 PM posted to rec.gardens

wrote in message
On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 04:48:32 -0000, (Dick Adams) wrote:

Val wrote:

The library is full of hydroponics books for growing legal stuff
as is the internet. Try searching "hydroponics vegetables". I
got a lot of legitimate hits, you just might also.

You're correct, Val, and I have several bookmarks. What I'm
hoping to find is a forum to discussion.

Dick

Have you tried GardenWeb?
http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/hydro/

Library
Library
Library
Library
Library
Library
Library
Library
Library
Library
Library
Library
Library
books

Old 24-11-2006, 06:33 PM posted to rec.gardens
Val Val is offline

Val wrote:

[...]

I just got back from my weekly trip to the library (some of you may need to
look "library" up on the net to see what it actually is. This *could*
possibly be a place Dick would want to avoid. There was a van with smoked
windows in the parking lot and I'm just about positive it was NARCS
observing those who had checked out hydroponics books so they could follow
them home to smash in doors and windows in order to collar the nefarious
dope growers. I'm sure the little children piling out of the vehicle was
just a clever cover, those darned NARCS are a sneaky lot; BEWARE DICK!!

Val

Old 24-11-2006, 09:38 PM posted to rec.gardens

I just got back from my weekly trip to the library (some of you may need to
look "library" up on the net to see what it actually is. This *could*
possibly be a place Dick would want to avoid. There was a van with smoked
windows in the parking lot and I'm just about positive it was NARCS
observing those who had checked out hydroponics books so they could follow
them home to smash in doors and windows in order to collar the nefarious
dope growers. I'm sure the little children piling out of the vehicle was
just a clever cover, those darned NARCS are a sneaky lot; BEWARE DICK!!

No problemo, I know the narcs in my community by name.

I have several hydroponics books and have read several more
so I know enough to be dangerous. The nice thing about
hydroponics is that the mechanics are the same within system
type. So once you have the mechanics down you need to start
rapping with people who are doing things similar to what you
want to do.

Dick

Old 24-11-2006, 09:46 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Dick Adams" wrote in message
[...]

What are you trying to grow, and what information is missing?

[IMG] code is On

FS: Hydroponics Gear ^Doc^ Gardening 1 30-11-2003 03:12 PM
Non-Circulating Hydroponics chris sci.agriculture 5 04-05-2003 11:56 PM
Hydroponics for orchids? Kevin Orchids 2 20-03-2003 03:32 PM
FYI - hydroponics growers Jim Carter Edible Gardening 1 23-02-2003 09:15 PM
hydroponics Bill Shoemaker Edible Gardening 0 30-01-2003 11:30 PM