Old 16-04-2003, 01:32 AM
Jessica

Default geraniums in rocky soil

I have some hardy geraniums planted in some very rocky/clay earth since last
September. It survived the winter well enough and I recently threw some
composted steer manure on the soil. Its planted in the best location I could
find for it on my property (sun/partial shade). Will it grow alright despite
the rocky conditions?

Old 16-04-2003, 03:32 AM
Melinda Tennielle

In article , "Jessica"
wrote:

I have some hardy geraniums planted in some very rocky/clay earth since
last
September. It survived the winter well enough and I recently threw some
composted steer manure on the soil. Its planted in the best location I
could
find for it on my property (sun/partial shade). Will it grow alright
despite
the rocky conditions?

I have several varieties doing really well here in zone 8, in rocky and
clay soil. In fact, they're sprouting from the cracks where seeds have
fallen on a concrete walkway.

M.
--

B - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Melinda Tennielle

M10TVC15 (at) yahoo.com

Old 17-04-2003, 03:44 AM
Melinda Tennielle

In article , "Jessica"
wrote:

I'm in Zone 8 too, so you give me hope! Thanks!

I think you'll love them - they're one of my favorite things in the
garden. Hard to kill, they spread and grow larger every year, and they
come in a lot of fun varieties. I could send you some seed from this
year's blooms if you want some - I got mine from an online friend, so I
like to pass the joy around!

M.
--

B - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Melinda Tennielle

M10TVC15 (at) yahoo.com
Old 17-04-2003, 05:44 PM
Jessica

Normally, I might accept your offer. However, my fiance, whom I live with
would freak out if he learned I gave our home address to someone I met
online. A couple weeks ago, a couple in this news group offered me some free
bamboo and they only lived an hour away from me. When I asked my fiance if
he was up to taking a drive with me to pick it up, he was like "you don't
even know these people" and "the internet is dangerous, blah, blah, blah."
He's right in some aspects, but I wish he'd loosen up a little. :-)

I do love geraniums and I have some seeds for a real bushy kind that has
beautiful blue flowers. I've tired to start a few in a pot already but they
haven't sprouted yet that I can see. Do you do anything special to yours
when you sowed the seeds?

-Jessica