GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Adapting Drain Pipe Connections (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/151210-adapting-drain-pipe-connections.html)

wrldruler 27-11-2006 04:49 PM

Adapting Drain Pipe Connections

This is a question about how to connect various drain pipes together.

I've got a 4" corrugated pipe running down the side of my house, to the
street.

I want to connect my sump pump to this pipe, so the water discharge
runs to the street also. But my sump pump uses 2" PVC.

How do I connect 2" PVC to a 4" corrugated pipe?

Thanks,

Chris

JoeSpareBedroom 27-11-2006 06:25 PM

Adapting Drain Pipe Connections

"wrldruler" wrote in message
ups.com...
This is a question about how to connect various drain pipes together.

I've got a 4" corrugated pipe running down the side of my house, to the
street.

I want to connect my sump pump to this pipe, so the water discharge
runs to the street also. But my sump pump uses 2" PVC.

How do I connect 2" PVC to a 4" corrugated pipe?

Thanks,

Chris

You should also post this in alt.home.repair.

Hal[_1_] 27-11-2006 08:53 PM

Adapting Drain Pipe Connections

On 27 Nov 2006 08:49:42 -0800, "wrldruler"
wrote:

How do I connect 2" PVC to a 4" corrugated pipe?

Visit a plumbing section of Lowe's or other well stocked store that
carries plumbing supplies and ask the person who works the plumbing
section. Most of the time you can find an adapter that works from 2"
to 4" and seals tightly. All pipes and tubing aren't the same, but
the guy in the plumbing section will probably know.

Regards,

Hal