GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Seeking cuttings of physic nut (Jatropha curcas) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/151221-seeking-cuttings-physic-nut-jatropha-curcas.html)

[email protected] 28-11-2006 03:31 AM

Seeking cuttings of physic nut (Jatropha curcas)

Hi all.

I have an acquaintance who will be coming from Indonesia to visit
Florida, and he is hoping to get his hands on some cuttings of the
physic nut tree (Jatropha curcas) while he is here. If anyone can
suggest a potential source or two, I'd be most grateful. TIA.

28-11-2006 04:28 AM

Seeking cuttings of physic nut (Jatropha curcas)

In article
. com,
says...
Hi all.

I have an acquaintance who will be coming from Indonesia to visit
Florida, and he is hoping to get his hands on some cuttings of the
physic nut tree (Jatropha curcas) while he is here. If anyone can
suggest a potential source or two, I'd be most grateful. TIA.

He should be sure to check first with the Indonesian customs,
agricultural, "biosecurity," etc, authoriTAHs. There may be
restrictions on bringing any plant material back home.

--
Want Freebies?
http://www.TheFreeStuffList.com/

[email protected] 29-11-2006 01:01 AM

wrote:
Hi all.

I have an acquaintance who will be coming from Indonesia to visit
Florida, and he is hoping to get his hands on some cuttings of the
physic nut tree (Jatropha curcas) while he is here. If anyone can
suggest a potential source or two, I'd be most grateful. TIA.

It would be much easier for him to get them at home, since they are
native to that part of the world. Seeds would be a better way to go,
you can find them on ebay. Going through customs with exotic plant
material is not always feasible.

Toad

[email protected] 29-11-2006 02:36 PM

wrote:

I have an acquaintance who will be coming from Indonesia to visit
Florida, and he is hoping to get his hands on some cuttings of the
physic nut tree (Jatropha curcas) while he is here. If anyone can

It would be much easier for him to get them at home, since they are
native to that part of the world. Seeds would be a better way to go,
you can find them on ebay. Going through customs with exotic plant
material is not always feasible.

Thanks for the suggestion, but he has already obtained specimens from
South/Southeast Asia, and he would now like to get some from the
Americas. And although the trees have become quite prevalent in the
South Pacific region, from what I've read, they're actually native to
the Caribbean. Who'd've thunk?