Old 03-12-2006, 01:00 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Daphne - Propagation

Hi GG's

We had a REAL HOT SPELL a month or so ago and the Daphne [Daphne Odora
Alba - "Star White"] was knocked about a bit. It lost a whole heap of
leaves, but, it is now coming back.

Where the leaves fell off, multiple new growth is developing - very
slowly! As this is a hard specimen to find, I'd like to risk an attempt
to propagate it.

Daphne are notoriously fickle plants and I don't want to kill the plant
we have, just to have the cutting not take either.

I need your help! What is the best way to propagate Daphne from a cutting?

--
Regards: *krONik*
"Somewhere ... *something incredible* is waiting to be known!"
Old 03-12-2006, 03:36 AM posted to rec.gardens

Where do you live? They grow like weeds here. Seattle area, You can buy a
nice 1 gallon plant for less than $10 here. Not worth the effort to
porpogate them. I can steer you in the eright direction if you need contact
names

Old 03-12-2006, 09:23 AM posted to rec.gardens
Jen Jen is offline

"krONik" wrote in message
Hi GG's

We had a REAL HOT SPELL a month or so ago and the Daphne [Daphne Odora
Alba - "Star White"] was knocked about a bit. It lost a whole heap of
leaves, but, it is now coming back.

Where the leaves fell off, multiple new growth is developing - very
slowly! As this is a hard specimen to find, I'd like to risk an attempt to
propagate it.

Daphne are notoriously fickle plants and I don't want to kill the plant we
have, just to have the cutting not take either.

I need your help! What is the best way to propagate Daphne from a cutting?

I just pop a few pieces into some moist potting mix. At least one should
grow, if you keep it moist but not wet. And you've still got your original
plant as well.

Jen

[IMG] code is On

Daphne Pete United Kingdom 9 26-07-2011 11:40 AM
Grafting Daphne Trevor Appleton United Kingdom 35 16-03-2004 05:37 AM
Daphne bholua 'Jaqueline Postill' Rod United Kingdom 4 29-01-2004 08:13 PM
Daphne Pete United Kingdom 0 04-01-2004 12:07 PM
Daphne Odora- diagnosis, please skg Gardening 2 14-04-2003 08:08 AM