Old 16-04-2003, 03:08 PM
Kudzu

Default Lead Contamination

The EPA has test my soil and said that levels of lead are above
acceptable levels. My question is can I grow edibles here? If so,
which ones can I grow and eat? And which can I not grow? EPA
has answered these questions, but I want to compare their answers
to the group.

kudzy
Old 17-04-2003, 12:20 AM
Mslean

If you have above acceptable lead levels, I wouldn't eat anything grown there.
Lead contamination has pretty serious consequenses.
Maybe a raised bed that is closed off to the ground directly?
LeeAnn
Old 17-04-2003, 05:56 AM
B & J

"Mslean" wrote in message
If you have above acceptable lead levels, I wouldn't eat anything grown

there.
Lead contamination has pretty serious consequenses.
Maybe a raised bed that is closed off to the ground directly?
LeeAnn

Latest indications say that any lead contamination to children lowers I. Q.
significantly.
The EPA has clearly given industry the benefit of the doubt. Does that say
anything about political contributions from industry?

John

Old 17-04-2003, 01:56 PM
zxcvbob

B & J wrote:

Latest indications say that any lead contamination to children lowers I. Q.
significantly.
The EPA has clearly given industry the benefit of the doubt. Does that say
anything about political contributions from industry?

John

No?

BTW, here's the article:
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0417080210.htm