GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Warm weather (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/152142-warm-weather.html)

Barb 07-01-2007 11:08 PM

Warm weather

My Spring bulbs are sprouting, the daffodils and tulps. I live in Zone 5
(Pittsburgh, Pa) The trees have buds. Are they all going to die and not
bloom when we get a cold snap?

Ann 08-01-2007 01:30 AM

Warm weather

"Barb" expounded:

My Spring bulbs are sprouting, the daffodils and tulps. I live in Zone 5
(Pittsburgh, Pa) The trees have buds. Are they all going to die and not
bloom when we get a cold snap?

The trees are probably going to lose their blooms this year when the
cold blasts them, but the daffs and tulips will do better. They often
sprout early.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts

Jangchub 08-01-2007 12:50 PM

Warm weather

On Sun, 07 Jan 2007 23:08:23 GMT, "Barb" wrote:

My Spring bulbs are sprouting, the daffodils and tulps. I live in Zone 5
(Pittsburgh, Pa) The trees have buds. Are they all going to die and not
bloom when we get a cold snap?

The daffs and tulips should be okay. Even trees will recover.
However, if you have fruit trees it will greatly reduce blooms and
fruits.