GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Evergreen Trees for Seaside (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/152464-evergreen-trees-seaside.html)

[email protected] 21-01-2007 08:12 PM

Evergreen Trees for Seaside

Hi,

I would be grateful if anyone could recommend particular trees or any
website that has such trees.

Many thanks

Martin

Karen Fletcher 22-01-2007 12:13 AM

wrote:
Hi,

I would be grateful if anyone could recommend particular trees or any
website that has such trees.

Hi, Martin - a useful fact sheet:
Trees and Shrubs that Tolerate Saline Soils and Salt Spray Drift
http://www.ext.vt.edu/pubs/trees/430-031/430-031.html

Since you don't mention which seaside, here's where to find more info
applicable to your area.

Find your nearest Extension office: http://www.csrees.usda.gov/Extension/

Your state's main Extension Web site is also a good place to check.
http://www.csrees.usda.gov/qlinks/pa...e_regions.html

Cheers!

-- Karen

The Garden Gate http://garden-gate.prairienet.org
"If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need."
^and cats -- Cicero
On the Web since 1994 Forbes Best of Web 2002 and 2004

Simon_Scarth 06-03-2007 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by (Post 684391)
Hi,

I would be grateful if anyone could recommend particular trees or any
website that has such trees.

Many thanks

Martin

Hello Martin

Where are you based if it is the Uk why not try www.chewvalleytrees.co.uk they have an evergreen section, If you fancy something a bit different why not try a eucalyptus fast growing evergreen and not as unatractive as leylandii. All the Best Simon